- The Mandela Day Marathon was initiated in 2012 to honour the life and times of our National Father, President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
- It starts from Arya Samaj Hall (Manayi Hall) in Imbali, where our international icon, Nelson Rholihlahla Mandela, made his last public speech on 25 March 1961 at the All-in-Africa conference to Nelson Mandela Capture Site where he was arrested outside Howick on 05 August 1962.
- The starting and finishing points of the race form part of the Freedom Route experience which was initiated by various stakeholders in the tourism industry to promote the freedom related struggles of freedom icons of the KwaZulu-Natal such as John Langalibalele Dube ( Inanda Heritage Route) Alan Paton, Albert Luthuli (Groutville Museum), Mohandas (Mahatma) Ghandi (Phoenix Settlement) and others.
MISSION AND VISION
- Strive for perfection through experience and continuous improvement
- Become an iconic marathon of choice
- Focus on driving value through price, promotion and politics to serve people.
- The Nelson Mandela Foundation is the official charity of the Mandela Day Marathon
- For more information and details on our charity initiative, please visit www.mandelamarathon.co.za
Mandela Day Marathon PO Box 3235 Pietermaritzburg 3200 Telephone: 033 897 6713 Email: email@example.com Web : www.mandelamarathon.co.za